I am talking about my mom bag ladies, as in my diaper bag. Oh wait, it’s an actual backpack! My husband calls me a nerd because I use a backpack. When you have two kids under the two, a fancy diaper bag just does not cut it. You need two hands to handle my kind of chaos, a backpack is a perfect hands free solution. I wanted my diaper bag to be personalized so I headed to LL Bean and got myself a backpack. Now if you don’t want to personalize a backpack and find that, is a little silly. Then head over here to Amazon and check out this super cute backpack.
Isn’t this backpack adorable! I love it, it comes in many colors and has organizing pocket inside! Love it!
Now, if you think it would be convenient to have you arms free and not have to screw around with a messenger style bag then stay tuned to see what I happen to stuff in my bag!
What’s In It For Me!
I toss my wallet in my backpack so I have not carried a purse in like 3 years. GASP!!! Ugh, I know. Gone are the days with super cute bags that are fun, fabulous, and stylish! Yea, I could have bought a large designer bag to use as a diaper bag, but it is just not convenient for me! So, because I don’t have a purse anymore, I still keep things for me in my backpack! Mama still has a groove alright! Well, what is in it for me?
- Lips! I love being able to put a little something something on my lips! It makes me feel put together! I use these lip tints! They last for about 12 hours and do not smudge off on anything… Psst, these are the peeling lip tints!! So much fun!
- Pens! I always have pens in my bag. I keep them in my car too! Lots of pens. Your probably thinking I am a hoarder! No, I am not but I just like my pens! Paper Mate Profile Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Bold Point, Assorted Colors, 12-Count! Plus they come in many different colors!
- Some other things I keep in my diaper bag are tampons… never know! I keep artificial tear drops to moisten my dry eyes, allergy eye drops and Excedrin Tension Headache Caps, 100 ct. I suffer from tension headaches, so I keep a bottle with me to zap a headache before it gets too painful!
What’s in it For My Kids?
Absolutely everything else in my back is for my kids! Now, I keep a fairly simple diaper bag. It is not chucked full with a lot of crap I really don’t need. I keep the stuff that makes perfect sense! No butt cream, no snot sucker tools, just the basics! I am never away from home for more than 2-4 hours at a time so no need for stuff like that!
- Diapers and Pull-Ups, I keep about 2-3 per kid. My older daughter is potty trained but we keep a couple of Pull-Ups for just in case situations. We use the cooling Pull-Ups, these make your toddler aware they are peeing because it gives them a cool sensation! Pull-Ups Cool and Learn Training Pants for Girls, 3T-4T, 22 Count. Of course I always have wipes too!
- Extra outfit for each kid!
- Formula dispenser! I can measure out formula for 3 bottles. I use this one and I find it absolutely fantastic!
- Bottle, with water! I only have to make 1 bottle, if that when we are out and about. We use Philips AVENT Natural Polypropylene Bottle, Clear, 9 Ounce, 4 Pack and I have this awesome and super cute bottle insulator. It comes in many different themes!
- We also keep extra pacifiers, burp clothes, and our snack bag! I use an old cosmetic bag and fill it with applesauce pouches, juice boxes, fruit chews, raisins and crackers! I call it my save the day bag! You will also find a few toys to keep baby occupied, like teethers and flash cards to keep my toddler busy when out to eat!
Like I said, I keep things basic. I do not need a bunch of crap, I don’t want to carry things that I don’t absolutely need! What is in your diaper bag? What kind of bag do you use and what are you absolute essentials? Let me know if the comments below!