Please note this contains affiliate links. This means if you click the link and purchase the items, I will receive a commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and I believe will add value to my readers!
Toddlers are fun, toddlers are joy, toddlers are… well they are a lot of everything. If you have baby on its way to toddlerhood or you’re looking to see if your child is the only one that does a certain “thing”, then this is a perfect stop for you.
Look, when your child is fully mobile, running, jumping, starting to talk… then watch out because your world just entered a whole new dimension. There are days when I question my sanity. Staying home with my kids everyday is such joy, some days you laugh and smile other days you want to be alone, cry, scream and pull your hair out all at the same time.
Tots are super cute and hilarious. During this time in their lives, they are growing and developing drastically. The sad thing is, this all happens really fast. Don’t blink because before you know it they will be in kindergarten then graduating from high school. These are the times when you see them transition from a baby to a child. How you handle this time f will help shape your tot into the person they will become. It is exciting, exhausting, hilarious and wonderful! If you are new to parenting a toddler than this list is just a taste of some things you can look forward too. If you already have a toddler than share with me your fun or crazy toddler stories!
Oh The Wonderful Life of a Toddler!
Wouldn’t it be interesting to know what these little tikes were thinking? Seeing the world through a toddlers eyes would be beyond fascinating. Well, hang on and enjoy the ride as I uncover bits and pieces of toddlerhood!
- Toddlers are SASSY! Oh my lord, especially if you have a girl, I can attest to that sass. I am not sure where they get it… aw I’m just kidding! My kids get it from me, it’s the farmer girl in me! Sis will give these looks sometimes like, of course I want that fruit squeeze, are you crazy lady, can’t you read my mind! Or, you tell them no, they give you a little grin and do it anyways! Don’t get me wrong, I find little toddler sassiness to be hilarious!
- REPEAT! Oh my lordy, do they ask the same thing over and over? Why yes of course they do… Imagine Funny Guy and Stewie saying to Louis “mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mom, louis” She screams “What” and he says “Hi”. This is what I am talking about. Or, you may be in the car and your toddler is asking you “what is this?” Over and over again. You can’t just look back to see what your kid is pointing at to make them quiet so you say “what” and then they repeat you! They will pick up on swear words out of anywhere, so if you swear than say like “Oh muffins” or something much happier! Good luck with this one!
- The can be funny and very bad at the same time! You will have many moments when discipline is the right course of action but you can’t do that when you are laughing at what they did can you? You want to be serious and let them know that they shouldn’t have done something but you are fighting back laughter! Bad place to be in!
- Danger Seekers! You may think you have safety proofed your house, but honestly, go over it again! Bolt things to the wall, cushion EVERYTHING! When they were babies it was more protecting them from their clumsiness, now it is protecting the house from them! Nothing is safe in your home, even the dog… poor guy! Look, if there is a potential dangerous situation where you kid could hurt themselves… Believe me when I say, they will hunt down the danger and put it to the test! Be on your toes and never trust a silent house!!
Should I continue? Why yes, I have more!
- Toddlers like to be naked. I am constantly trying to keep clothes on my kid. Ever since we did the 3 day method potty training and she was naked for 3 days. I feel like that made her think that was how she was supposed to spend her days! Kids love being naked! Sis tried to take her dress off at Target the other day! I mean, why!!! Put your clothes on kid and keep them on! Good luck with this one!
- Don’t worry about folding your toddlers clothes and putting them away all nice and neat. As soon as your kid can pull that drawer open, welcome a new carpet of clothes. Waste of time! I just throw it all back in, 2 hours later they are back out on the floor! Sometimes she pulls the drawer all the way out and its laying on the floor! I don’t even bother anymore.
- They ask a million and one questions! These questions are on repeat too but they are so curious about everything and they want to know what it is. Like the wall, the floor, a bug, light, window, remote, pan, etc. I could go all day!
- Your toddler thinks you are the funniest person on the planet. Kind of melts your heart to think about that. I am one of the few people who can get my kid to laugh! She also laughs when I say something serious… Like, “No, you can’t smear poop on the wall” and she laughs, like gosh mom you’re so funny to suggest something like that!
No, I am not done yet!
- They love … hard! Toddlers are the most loving, I swear they are so stinking cute. Like, I love the dog so much I am going to grab his nose and kiss him. Or, I’m going to give stuffed Minnie a big hug and squeeze her so tight her stuffing could pop out! Or, excessively loving on their baby sibling! It’s so cute… a bit much sometimes, but it will melt your heart.
- No, is without a doubt their favorite response to anything you say. “Do you love mommy?… No!” WHAT, come on! All day, guys! No, is a go to response, learn to figure out if it is really no or if it means something else!
- Bath time…well baths are…interesting to say the least. Be ready for your child to splash so much that your floor is soaked. You will find all the toys outside of the tub and they can even develop fear of getting their hair washed. It’s like a battle ground really, some days my toddler loves being in the tub, other days not so much! Oh, and don’t worry about showering, you will get your shower, be ready to walk out of the bathroom completely soaked!
These are our favorite bath items, it really helps pick up toys, keeps us organized, and makes hair washing easy peasy!
- They have no filter, for instance, they announce you are using the bathroom in public! My toddler praises me, like “Yay mommy!” Wahoo, high-five to mommy, she just went pee! My best friends toddler will announce to the store that mom has to go potty! No filter guys, no filter!
This is getting too long! I will stop for now, you’re welcome!
Toddlers are so much fun, they are hilarious, the love you to death, and they are so sweet! You can experience 15 different emotions from them in a day. They keep you on your toes and at times will have you question your sanity. But, its okay! This time will be over before you know it, so please, all we ask is that you enjoy it!