Have you ever noticed there are certain things in your home that are the worst things to clean? There are some things that I put off cleaning. They are just such a huge pain in the butt and I think they are the worst! Where is our handy maid when we really need one! I have a simple daily clean schedule, nothing that takes a lot of work or a lot of effort. Just enough to keep my house presentable. I do one load of laundry everyday, run the dishwasher, clean counters, vacuum the floors and make the beds. It may sound like a lot but really it’s not a big deal!
Oh How I Hate to Clean
Now, there are those things that I would rather throw away and buy new every time but you just can’t do that, its stupid. So I need to just suck it up and clean it! Most of the items that will be listed below are ones that get done at least once a month or twice a year. I know that everyone loves to do a good spring cleaning! Living in the Midwest, I am one for spring cleaning because this is the time we say goodbye to the fridged winter and hello to warmer temperatures and sunshine!
This is a period where we open our windows, air out the house and scrub the nasty off of everything. If I did this only once a year I would be disappointed in myself! Personally I do some serious deep cleaning twice a year! Spring and fall! The fall clean is my get rid of dust from having windows open all summer and really just prep the house for the colder season! Basically my last hoorah to air out rugs, clean windows and put in the storm windows and just give everything a nice prep!
My husband thinks I am crazy but I swear it makes you feel a lot better when you give your home a nice deep clean! The list below is those things that I just hate. The ones that I find to be the absolute worst. Whether they are time-consuming, disgusting or just blah! Follow along while I list those tasks and how to make them a bit more tolerable or easier!
The Absolute Worst Things to Clean
- Fridge! UGH! Awful!!!! Maybe it is just my fridge but some appliances are not built as good as they were when I was a kid. The thing leaks water under the drawers inside then freezes! Its only 2 years old and its a Samsung. Should be good right? No! I get in the habit of cleaning it out the day before I get groceries. I remove all drawers, check dates and clean all shelves with a warm cloth with soapy water! If you keep it cleaned out then it also prevent foul smells!
- Junk Drawer! Why? Why on Earth do we need these drawers! I hate them, seriously just a drawer where things that don’t have a home get dumped! WORST! So, get a drawer organizer, I use a silverware organizer. Pens have a home, scissors, even screwdrivers have a home in my junk drawer! Get in the habit at least twice a year to go through and get rid of stuff and simply organize it!
- Trash Can! YUCK!!!!! These foul smelling canisters are terrible! Germ infested nasty! Give your trashcan a good bath once a month! I throw mine in the bathtub, fill it with hot water, dish soap and a splash of bleach for disinfecting and let it soak! After about 30 mins, I drain the tub and take a scrub brush to really clean the bottom of the inside then rinse it all out, let it dry and we are good to go!
Oh Wait, Yes I Have More!
- Shower! I really don’t like cleaning the shower! I hate seeing soap residue, I don’t like the grout getting gross, it is just awful! So instead of giving my shower a good cleaning once or twice a month, I wipe it down every time I am in it before I get out! I use a dish soap dispenser filled with water, white vinegar and a tad of dawn dish soap. I simply wipe down my shower with it and this mixture keeps it nice and sparkly all the time with a lot less scrubbing from me!
- Oven! The oven is a huge pain in the neck, literally! You are not supposed to be half way in that thing scrubbing! No, we don’t do that! An easy way to keep it clean is to prevent your dishes from spilling over the sides! Set casseroles, lasagna and such on sheet pan for the mess to be caught! If you have a mess, remove the racks. Make a mixture of baking soda, tad of vinegar, water and tad of dish soap. It will be like a paste then wipe it around the inside of the oven and let it set for a bit. After awhile you will wipe it out and it will be super clean! Let the racks soak in the tub for a while then scrub them down! Honestly, I only deep scrub my oven every couple of years. Preventing overspill is the key folks!
Why Not Give You One or Two More!
- Blinds! I hate cleaning these! I mean why? Get rid of them! HA! Can’t necessarily do that I know, I still have them in my home! So I take kitchen tongs, wrap each part with a wash cloth and hold with rubber band. Spray your blinds with your preferred cleaning spray and sandwich each blind with the tongs and slide across! Easy method and fast!
- Outdoor Trash Can! EW, I seriously can not stand these things! So stinky, especially in the summer! Our trash guys come once a week so after each pick up, I roll them up to my hose and spray those suckers out! Seriously, I do this every week when I know they are empty. It keeps the stink away, its a good habit! Give it a go!
Do yourself a favor and follow these steps to make your cleaning easier. I am all for easy, when you only clean things when they get really bad then it makes the task worse. This is a little list of the things I think are the WORST to clean! What is on your list? Have you found any tips or tricks that you could share with us to make certain tasks easier! Let me know in the comments below! Happy cleaning!