Our lord help us, we are prepping for the potty!
Sis is 25 months old and she has been really showing signs of potty training readiness!
If Sis takes her nap in a dress or sleeps in a night gown that diaper comes off and I’m left with a hot mess. She simply does not want to be in the diaper anymore! I can no longer use the facilities by myself due to her curiosity. So, We are going to give this a shot!
I researched tons of posts online and Pinterest on potty training. There are so many different methods that work for some and then not for other children. Sis is a take charge kind of girl so we are using the 3-day method! Check out this site for a wonderful breakdown of how this method works.
First, we needed supplies so we headed to Target to buy potty training essentials!
- Buy Potty Chair! We bought two, a seat for the toilet and an actual chair! Sis picked out both, the potty chair is a frog and the seat is Minnie themed! Let your toddler pick it out as this will get them excited to use it!
- Big Kid Undies! Again, I had sis pick out the ones she wanted! She was beyond excited for this part!
- Rewards! Grab some rewards, whether that be little piece of candy, stickers, dollar store items or what ever you want! Toddlers really respond to rewards
- Potty Book! Head to the bookstore or the library and grab board books for potty training and start reading those ahead of time!
- Carpet cleaner…. You will need it if you have carpet!
- Activities! Any fun activities or movies will be a sanity saver while your stuck in the house for 3 days!
- Potty training chart! This is a success/reward chart! Check out below how I made ours!
Potty Training Chart
Hang this chart in the bathroom or on the back of the door so your toddler can see their progress. For every successful pee or poop in the potty they can put a sticker on the chart! Get excited and show them how happy you are that they did a great job! Praise, praise, praise!
- Head to Michaels or your local craft store to purchase a poster board, stickers and markers (if you don’t have these already). If you do not have a ruler make sure you get one of those too! Don’t forget your coupons!! This project only cost me $2.79!
- Assemble your tools!
- The posters are 23×28, from the bottom I measured up 2″ and drew a line. I repeated this step 7 times working my way to the top. These rows are for each day of the week! I then drew two vertical lines to separate the day, pee column and poop column!
- Add you labels!
- Finally, get crafty placing the title! Add stickers and praise!
Keep in touch! I will be posting our review on the 3-method and letting you know how it went!
Let me know in the comments below what kind of rewards you gave your little potty using champ!